Emergencies happen. At Huan, our mission is to keep your pets safe and to give you peace of mind. The Huan app alerts you when your pet is detected away from home or away from you. But what if your pet needs to spend an extended amount of time at home alone?
We created Home Alone by Huan as an additional layer of protection so you can rest easy when you’re out of the house and away from your pal. Whatever takes you away from home–whether that’s work, play, or an emergency–our new Home Alone Mode has you covered.
Here’s how it works:
- Enable Home Alone mode in your Huan app (iOS)
- Create an Emergency Contact list in your Huan app
- If you are away from home for over 24 hours, your pet’s Smart Tag will alert your emergency contacts
Home Alone Mode is available through your app settings menu, where you manage your Emergency Contact list. The setting is equipped to make your contacts aware that your pet is at home alone. Once enabled, your Huan app will display a prominent message on the map page, reminding you that emergency alerts will be sent to your contacts after the 24-hour period is over.
Home Alone Mode can help your pet get the care it needs in the event of an unexpected absence or emergency such as:
- Unplanned overtime or double-shifts at work
- Travel delays
- Natural disasters
This nightmare scenario happened to a good friend of mine not long ago when a travel delay prevented her from getting home to her pet on time:
“I had to go on a business trip to Vegas for a weekend and my best friend was watching my dog,” she says. “She left early one morning to go to work, as I was supposed to fly back to LA that night.
“My flight got delayed 3 times. Then, the flight got canceled and I didn’t get home until the next morning.
“My dog was alone for almost 24 hours! I have never felt worse in my life.”
Now, to prevent that same event in the future, my friend can simply set her pet-sitter as an Emergency Contact in the Huan app. Then, Huan will both remind my friend and her contact so her dog will be taken care of while she’s gone.
To prevent false alarms, Huan will send out several warnings and alerts throughout the day if your pet appears to be home alone.
- After you’ve been away from home for 12 hours, the system will send you a reminder that Home Alone Mode is enabled.
- Follow-up reminders will be sent to your phone at 1 hour, 30 minutes, and 15 minutes before the 24-hour period ends.
- If no signal has been received from your pets after these warnings and Home Alone Mode is still enabled, Huan will send a text message to your emergency contacts, notifying them that your pets are home alone and asking them to make sure they are OK.
No one wants their furry friend to be left alone unexpectedly. Home Alone Mode helps to ensure your pet is taken care of when you’re away from the house.
Home Alone Mode is currently available for iOS (Apple iPhones), with an Android version arriving shortly. If you’re not already part of the Huan pack, click the button below to learn more!